In The Classroom – Theory Module (3.5 hours)
This part of the course focuses on sharing the road safely and highlights the vulnerability of other road users.
- How and why roads are changing to accommodate active travel, such as walking and cycling
- Who vulnerable road users are, and how they interact with traffic
- How to share the road safely
- Use and limitations of supplementary vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
On The Road – Practical Module (3.5 hours)
After the initial bicycle control skills training, Drivers ride on bikes to areas of potential conflict including junctions, traffic lights and advanced stop lines.
- Demonstrate control of a bike
- Demonstrate where to ride on the road and the use and limitations of cycle infrastructure
- Tackle challenging roads and traffic situations
- Demonstrate how and when to pass queuing traffic
- Identify and react to hazardous road surfaces
- Use the experience of having cycled in moving traffic to improve driving standards and consideration for others
Safe Urban Driving (SUD) courses, LGV Trraing Courses, Driver CPC Training Courses, B + E Car and Trailer Training Courses and FORS Pre Audit Preparation.
All of our Driver Training Courses are available Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cheshire and the North West including Blackburn, Burnley, Accrington, Nelson, Colne, Barnoldswick, Chorley, Preston, Leyland, Manchester, Bury, Skipton, Earby and Blackpool.
We also carry out training nationwide so contact us today for a quote for all of your Driver Training requirements.